#1 - I got an alignment on my car earlier this week because Costco said my new tire warranty would be invalid without it. Along with the alignment they gave me $1400 in suggested maintenance based on the mileage. I called the guy I started bringing my car to a couple years ago for maintenance to ask about the list. A couple he had already done. A couple he said were not necessary at all. One he said was due now, which I scheduled later this month (spark plugs). What a relief to have someone who seems to be honest in an area that I know nothing.
#2 - I started reading Letters to a Spiritual Seeker after being reminded of my prior infatuation with Henry David Thoreau after visiting the arboretum last week. My love has been rekindled.
#3 - "When you travel to the celestial city, carry no letter of introduction. When you knock ask to see God - none of his servants (18)." Henry David Thoreau
#4 - Like Thoreau, I write letters, and you can bet my current one is going to get some quotes from this book.
#5 - I got really frustrated because the Eckhart Tolle website was overcharging me. I paid for a year membership this Spring and then they still started taking monthly deductions. It took a lot of back and forth to get that resolved.
Last month I signed up for an online course, paid in full, and then saw an additional charge. I emailed to inquire what it was, suspecting the same thing happened again. It took a while to get a response, and then they said it was related to the new course I signed up for. I said I already paid for it in full and wanted the monthly charge refunded. Then they refunded the whole thing and cancelled the course (this happened last time too).
I knew this was all practice for my pain body, and I did better this round. I laughed some. But eventually I got pretty frustrated.
Finally I received a response that the charge was actually a refund because they decreased the price of the course.
The price was a refund and I didn't notice, because I already had a story in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment