Saturday, August 3, 2013

Decide




#1 - “The most important decision we make is whether we believe we live in a friendly or hostile universe.”



Albert Einstein



This is the quote at the beginning of an audiobook I began today.  It reminded me of a recent conversation I had with my teenage cousin.  We were sleeping in a tent in the backyard.  Looking at the stars and the sky often leads to talk of bigger things.  We discussed whether we believed in UFO’s and alien life.  I said I didn’t know whether there has been such things on Earth.  However, I find it odd that they are often depicted as ugly or scary.  My thought is that if a species is more advanced than us technologically, they are most likely more advanced in kindness and beauty as well.

So I guess I'm leaning toward the friendly one.

#2 – “According to economist Jeffery Sachs, $100 billion, 1/7 of the annual military defense budget of the United States, could eradicate deep poverty within 10 years.”  Marianne Williamson

#3 – “Like any muscle faith grows stronger when it is used and weaker when it isn’t.”  Williamson I’m not exactly sure how to exercise faith, but I did make a decision to exercise gratitude when I began this project.  Last weekend I was visiting my aunt and she did this activity with me before bed.  As I explained it to her, that she couldn’t say she was grateful for the sunset unless she described the sunset so specifically that it wouldn’t be mistaken for any other, I realized what I great writing exercise these gratitudes are.  “I would like to work on my writing,” was the last thought on my mind when I began this process.  I’ve had people tell me, “That’s great you write everyday!” when I tell them, but I always shrug it off – a sentence or two for each when I write in my journal, I discounted the writing benefit.  But as I explained it to my aunt, I could see maybe they were right.

#4 – “Our internal abundance is ultimately the source of our external abundance.  Who we are, not just the services we provide, creates money.” - Williamson

#5 – I had a breakthrough moment in my mid-20's when I realized that money was not evil, money was energy.  However, I realized I still have a way to go when I heard this today, “If we have the idea that somehow it’s more pure to be poor, than that’s most probably when we’ll manifest.”  I'm not even sure where to begin with this statement, but it is quite clear to me that I have some work to do.

Quotes are all from The Law of Divine Compensation : [on work, money, and miracles] by Marianne Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment