Thursday, October 8, 2015

Supportive Groups

#1 - Often times I would rather be alone than with a group of people, however there are some exceptions.  Last night I went to a restorative yoga class.  Basically you prop yourself up with a few blankets and lay there.  "I could do this by myself," I thought.  But it's not the same.  Being in a room with other people who are committed to resting is a powerful experience.

Tonight I'm going to a writing and meditation group.  Once again it is pretty simple  - sit in silence for a certain number of minutes, then write for a certain number of minutes.  I could do it by myself,

but it's not the same.

#2 - I have a cold this week and it's nice to have simple nourishing activities - and the flexibility to take an hour long nap in the afternoon - which I just did.

#3 -  The poem I read with my breakfast.  Improvement by Danusha Lameris.

#4 - I checked in with an extended family member about bringing a few extra guests to Thanksgiving.  He responded,  "...Plus we would like to meet him.  I will be on my very best behavior."


#5 - I sent an email about a month ago to a friend from over ten years ago.  I told her I was proud of her, which felt a little weird - I didn't mean it in a condescending way which is how it kind of sounded to me - but it was the best way I could describe how I felt.  I had googled her and found where she worked/what she was up to.

I didn't hear back so I didn't know if the message came off as kind of annoying, until today.  She wrote

Tammy, your message brought me to tears. 

Thank you for always touching my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment