Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Brenda McMorrow

#1 -




#2 - Listening to another musician I like led me to this one which then to Tina Turner singing a Peace Mantra. Tina Turner singing a Peace Mantra? Wow - that has got to be a good sign.




#3 - It used to be that if I stayed up late a night or two, and then tried to go to bed "on time" I wouldn't be able to fall asleep. It was so frustrating because I would be overtired. In college it would happen every Sunday night. It seems my sleeping habits might be getting a little more flexible as I age. In general I fall asleep faster and last night I went to bed a good hour and a half "early" despite staying up an hour and a half "late" the night before, and I woke up before my alarm well rested.



#4 - I started my community ed exercise class again. I saw one of the participants at the farmer's market last week so I was forewarned we would have a new instructor. I just hoped it would be someone that wouldn't make things too easy. Today's class was a bit hectic. People are used to the old teacher's style so there was some confusion, but the new instructor was punctual and well organized.



#5 - I decided that I may introduce a new feature into my weekly soccer email. Along with our game time I may include a quote of the week. Today's quote was already favorably received by one of my team members.

"Pain is a traveling professor, and it just goes and knocks on everyone's door and the smartest people I know are the people who say, 'Come in and just don't leave until you've taught me what I need to know.'"

Glennon Doyle Melton








No comments:

Post a Comment