Wednesday, January 24, 2024

What is True

 #1- I had a pretty light healthy supper tonight.  So I took the time after, I was still a bit hungry, to make a carob mousse that I'd been thinking about making recently and luckily had all the ingredients for. The only fresh ingredient required was an orange.  An orange, honey, silken tofu, carob powder, vanilla and a little tahini in the blender.

#2-


My hallway has looked like this for over a year.  A couple months after I moved in my neighbor's toilet had a leak so the carpet and some drywall were ripped out.  The drywall has been fixed but I haven't done anything with the floor.  I honestly don't really care.  It doesn't bother me.  Plus it has taken a while for me to figure out what I wanted to do.  

Originally, I was hoping for bamboo floor, then maybe hardwood to replace the living room carpet. Though some say it's fine, others do not suggest putting hardwood on cement slab.  So it's an expensive thing to do questionablely.

I've had a new plan for a while now and don't seem to be changing my mind again so I could probably go for it.  I want to just extend the flooring in my entry way (at the very top of this photo) down the hall.

The other couple improvements I've hired for here have taken quite a while. So, since things take a while I finally decided to call someone on the "trusted vendor" list from my Realtor for flooring.  

The first guy is too busy/not interested.  "I wasn't looking to do it until at least March."  Didn't matter.

The second guy told me to send him my address, which I did after our call on Monday and then I heard nothing.  Today someone calls and said they want to stop by in 30 minutes, "What?" 

"About the flooring."

"Oh, ok."

So he stops by measures and gives me a quote.  "$600."

"$600?"

"Yes."

Wow.  That doesn't include the flooring which I will purchase ahead of time.  He was ready to do the job. "I don't want it done until at least March," I said.

"Ok just text me when you are ready."

"Should we schedule it?" I asked.

"Anytime is fine."

Now I don't know if it will end up being this easy/quick.  However nothing else I've done here so far has gone so easily (and happily priced), so I was in a bit of shock when he left of the seeming simplicity.

#3 - I emailed a high school friend (who I wasn't sure I even had an email for, and haven't seen in over 10 years even though she lives very close), after seeing the Flamenco group she used to dance with is performing soon. I asked if she would be part of the show.

She isn't.  However her reply and the exchange meant.  "Ok, maybe this is a person to consider keeping in my life." I invited her to a gathering at my place this weekend.

She can't come, but her response told me, "next time invite her." I actually considered inviting her, but I recall inviting her to a similar thing 4 years ago and getting no response from her.  So I assumed either

A. I didn't have her correct email anymore

B. She wasn't interested

Neither of which were true.

#4 - Another friend's mom on the other hand is going to come.  My friend's mom, and my niece.  So there will be people ranging in ages from 12 to 70 something.  I am very curious about how this is turning out.  I have never had this many people over to my "new" place (about 15).  And frankly last year I wouldn't have wanted that because people saying happy things about my "new" place would have just made me sad.  

However, now everyone that is coming has been here before, so the focus will not be on the new place anyway.

#5- It took me a lot longer than 90 minutes to listen to this because I paused it so often. Besides the content, it is so refreshing to see/hear men having such rich/deep conversations.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment