Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lingering Refreshment




#1 & 2 - My favorite toothpaste and this yummi peppermint, both of which had a lingering refreshment effect today after eating a meal with plentiful garlic.

#3 - Having completed the first couple steps of the Curried Lima Bean and Rice Salad with Tempeh ahead of time, so I felt motivated to continue when I got home.

#4 - Getting the Park and Rec summer brochure in the mail with the tennis league. (I didn't play at all last summer because something was going on with my shoulder). It feels much better now.

#5 - Remember this list of books I am trying to sample this year?

Here is my progress thus far -

Books I've began but rejected - Friday Night Lights, Peace Like a River, The Book Thief and Ender's Game

Book I read but considered stopping many times - Wintergirls

And now to the point of all this -

Books I really enjoyed - Because of Winn-Dixie, Zeitoun and the crowning touch, a book whose cover I detest, title I dislike and story summary I find appalling, a book I normally would never read, which is the whole point of going through this World Book List, but actually turned out to be quite a compelling story The Hunger Games. And the movie is about to come out and lots of people know about it and I am grateful to be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment