Friday, December 7, 2012

This is My Way

#1 - Thinking to myself, "I love children," as I helped a child shop for holiday gifts for her family. I was volunteering at an event where kids buy an inexpensive ticket that allows them to shop for five family members for the holidays. I was reminded today how multi-layered we all are. I always test on the introverted end of Meyers Briggs, but that does not account for how I act around children, and it's fun to feel my more extroverted side come to light.

#2 - Once we got the tables all set up the donated gifts looked beautiful. It is a very fulfilling volunteer experience even for someone who neither likes shopping or the consumerism of the holidays.

#3 - The gift sale is a complex coordination event and the woman who is in charge handles it with grace and ease.

#4 - Coming home to a yummi pasta dish prepared by my sister-in-law and specifically trying to pick out the broccoli pieces into my bowl because they were my favorite part.



#5 - Wednesday evening I played my brand new song for a friend. He said I should record it. I shook off the suggestion.

Less than 24 hours later I had the impulse to record this video for my gratitude blog.

I saw a bumper sticker that said, "If you don't ever change your mind how can you be sure you have one?"

So...my video debut



Bonus - this means I've fulfilled "Do something every day that scares you," two days in a row, yesterday recording this, today posting it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God, I have read so often about your singing but never realized I'd never heard your voice!
    You have such a beautiful, pure voice!
    Really beautiful.
    And really brave.

    And thank you for posting this.


    Next scary thing will be to look into the camera while you sing :)


    stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Tammy. looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete