Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Shutting Down

#1 - Suddenly my computer stopped working today and made a scary noise. I tried to move the mouse, I tried Control/Alt/Delete - nothing. Eventually it restarted itself and it seemed fine, however, I had no sound...which made me realize how important sound often is when I am on the computer. "What am I going to listen to?? The radio??!!" (Actually what I often listen to ARE radio programs, just available for when I want to listen to them.) I tried everything I knew - did a full virus scan, audio playback problems etc. The only thing I had left was turning the computer off. I wasn't hopeful but I tried it.

It worked.

#2 - I just clicked on my last Mary Lambert post to make sure my audio still works, it was quiet while I typed this and I started wondering again...There are some of my favorite lines

"Some women just have more guts than others."

"I only know how to exist when I am wanted."

"Love your body the way your mother loved your baby feet."

"You are no less valuable as a size 16 than a size 4.  You are no less valuable as a 32A than as a 36C."

Amen Ms. Lambert!

#3 - I didn't have any energy last week.  I don't know what was up, but the fact that I got up this morning and went to an outdoor yoga class (which is only being offered this month), I guess means I am feeling better.  There were mosquitos, but they were manageable and luckily I wore pants and long sleeves.  I am sure it also helped that I went to bed with the sun last night.  This is something I try/want to do when it stays light late enough for this to be possible, but often I fail to make it, last night I did.

#4 - I washed a load of clothes specifically because I had something soaking that needed to be washed.  As I dumped out the bucket and set that item in the sink I thought to myself, "I need to remember to put that in the washer," previously I have done that and forgotten.  Well, when I took my clothes out of the washer, I realized the item that I most wanted washed, was still in the sink.  "I can't believe I did that again!" I thought.

Thankfully my mistakes do not involve nuclear power or other such consequential human errors.




#5 - Someone is organizing a block party on my street this year and just came to the door with the invites!  (Actually I find this kind of socializing quite challenging, but I totally believe in the concept so I'm grateful to the woman who just by.)

No comments:

Post a Comment