Thursday, August 21, 2014

Oh Pickle Relish

#1 –I’d like to have some sort of creative default word that comes out of my mouth when something unexpected goes wrong or I get hurt. But it’s a standard swear word that holds the spot in my brain. Today, in the children’s section of the library I heard another version. The volunteer replacing books on the shelf exclaimed, “OH PICKLE RELISH!” when part of her stack hit the floor. I looked over to see if she was joking, but she was seriously upset.


#2 – “Help! I’m Trapped Under Sidewalk,” written with chalk at the foot of the library doors.


#3 – The effortless and silent way my 5 year old friend's hand, slipped into mine, as we began walking home from the beach.


#4 – The echo of my flip flops off the wall of a short pedestrian tunnel.


#5 –


You know how to get what you love?


Love what you have.




No comments:

Post a Comment