Monday, January 4, 2016

Books and Letters

I just laid down in bed and pulled out my journal to write my gratitudes, then realized it was a blog gratitude day. So I got back up and here goes -

#1 – The interview with the author of City of Thorns I listened to on NPR about the largest refugee camp in the world in Kenya.

#2 – Looking like there was only one ticket left which prompted my friend to buy a ticket to a Peter Mayer concert I invited her to. She was interested but she hadn’t committed yet. It appeared she bought the last one, but then more showed as available. Either way, I’m glad she is coming.

#3 – Writing my first letter of 2016. Letter writing is something I’d like to make a regular part of this year, not as a resolution or another task to complete, but as a gift. Reconnecting me to myself through writing and to someone I care about, nurturing that connection.

#4 – A friend's email that she spent the entire weekend at home relaxing, and that she laid in bed one morning reading 150 pages of Cheryl Strayed’s Wild. It makes me so happy when people take time for simple pleasures.

#5 – The seemingly random Eckhart Tolle and Neale Donald Walsch video that popped up after the Tolle video I chose which was precisely about something I've been contemplating and talked to a friend about over the New Year.

P.S. I put on display the below pictured item in my bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment