Wednesday, November 2, 2016

To the Rescue

Because I've seen on both a societal level and personal level the challenges most people face in relationships, I've long known it was important to me to have a partner who was willing to see a counselor. My thought was that we would go at least once a year, just like someone goes to the dentist or the doctor, and then if more was needed, we'd have a resource to consult. So we began last year on my birthday with our first visit of preventative medicine.

Last night and today I was about as angry as I've yet been in my relationship, largely probably spurred because I am having surgery next week and I don't want or need additional stress in my life. So I am SUPER grateful today, that the counselor we've seen has a last minute opening and that both my partner and I are available to take advantage of it tonight. I really didn't want to go into surgery next week feeling hurt or angry and I felt at a loss to figure this out ourselves. Just knowing we have a support system in place to help us through this tonight has helped to calm me down immensely.

Also I went to a mid-day yoga class during lunch. Before class I was furiously scribbling down notes for our session tonight - about 3/4 of the way through class it had completely slipped my mind. Near the end of class some wild turkey came pecking at the door length window and I learned that one of my favorite yoga teachers is scared of them. I suppose that shouldn't be funny, but it was, she really doesn't like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment