Saturday, November 26, 2016

ASI

#1 - Taking my hour or so walk (which has been my exercise post-surgery) around the southern perimeter at Theodore Wirth Park, including a small section I hadn't walked before. The sun was warm on my face, the ground mostly frozen enough not to be muddy and a couple hills got my heart rate up a bit.


#2 - Following that we went the American Swedish Institute which is a place I've wanted to visit for a few years and which I thought my aunt might enjoy. I had a delicious lunch there which included an artichoke, arugula and goat cheese salad.


#3 - One of the windows in the mansion (built a little over 100 years ago) was a stained glass depiction of the king of Denmark invading a town in Sweden and demanding the populace hand over all their valuables or the army (in the background) would come in and ransack and burn the whole place. Familiar theme - different part of the world.

#4 - I always find it fascinating to think about how many kids and at what ages women had them in the past. There was a family portrait in the museum from about 100 years ago and I figured out the mother had her first child at age 26. She then birthed another one every 2 years for the next 8 years. Then there was a break of a number of years and then she had two more at either ages 40 and 42 or 42 and 44. (I think it was the latter.) That is a lot of childbearing years.

#5 - I think today is the most I've been on my feet since my surgery and from 7-8:30 pm I drifted in out and of sleep. When I'd come out I'd think of the list of things I needed to do before I could actually go to bed. The list was pretty short.

#1 - Clear off my bed
#2 - Brush my teeth
#3 - Take an Ibuprophen (Cutting my usual post-surgery dose in half to see if it is enough.)
#4 - Type my gratitudes
#5 - Put on my pajamas

I only have #5 left.


No comments:

Post a Comment