Sunday, January 29, 2017

Applications Wanted


Currently accepting applications to participate in outdoors activities, specifically to motivate an adult woman to do outdoor activities on days like today, days when said woman is in good spirits overall, but feeling a slight lack of motivation. On said days an outdoor companion would be of utmost assistance. The most important qualification, in addition to being active outside, is the ability to both participate in engaging conversations as well as feel at ease and at home in silence. At the moment the primary need is in the area of cross-country skiing, but other outdoor activities will also qualify.


Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. This position is not limited to one individual.


***


My friend posted on Instagram one December about visiting Santa in NYC and asking for a boyfriend for Christmas. Soon after someone applied for the position.

That thought inspired me today and gave me something playful to think about while I skied. Then I thought my blog is clearly not the most efficient place to post this. I could make an, "APPLICATIONS WANTED" and tape on my back while I'm skiing and then have a little folder with the details -like the details you get on house that is for sale.  I could take interviews immediately for interested individuals - ski one lap with me in silence and one lap in conversation.  Then after being provided contact information, I will let you know if you qualify.

***

My word of the year for 2017 is "Light" which has numerous definitions, one of which I am consciously leaning into is "playful".




No comments:

Post a Comment