Saturday, July 7, 2018

More Grounded


First of all - I waited a week to try and turn on my camera again. I just wanted to luxuriate in the fact that it closed. But yesterday I turned it on and it worked just fine.

Second of all my reentry home has been a bit fuller than I expected with an out of town funeral etc. So I was super happy today to have a day without any plans. I still got up early (benefit of different time zone) and did some cleaning, but eventually I was tired and just laid down for a while. My jet lag has been really manageable, but today I finally needed a rest.

Third of all I finished unpacking and going through my mail and bank statement. I was pleasantly surprised that the most expensive place I stayed (that I reserved myself - I was also in a writing group part of my trip where I didn't make the arrangements) turned out to be $55/night. That is what I originally thought, but then for a while I thought it was $70 and I wondered why I picked that location.

I'm about to go pick up Ten Poems for Difficult Times the latest book by Roger Housden from the library. He is the author who led the writing group I was with for part of my trip to Spain. I highly recommend his Ten Poems series. Then I'm going to get some groceries so I can pack a picnic dinner for tomorrow. When I called today a very sweet voice answered and said that not only would the water loving 10 year old like to join me at the beach tomorrow, but the rest of the family may as well.

I walked over to the farmer's market this AM - I work there every other week and I often don't make it over on my off weeks. It was nice to meander there today and also see what was decided about a couple things we debated about last week, such as what to do about the vendor that takes a long time to pack up (and therefore is still in the street when everyone else has left).

No comments:

Post a Comment