Monday, September 17, 2018

Nahko



"And when the rain comes, 
put your hand in the dirt
 this is where you came from." 
 Nahko


Yesterday I had my writing and meditation group/class so I was officially finished with chose a small thing to do every day for a month, however, I did not make it through my address book so I plan to continue reading a different person a poem each day until I do.

The person that is up today (I'm on the letter "J") is a former manager.  I've never called him since working there, but he does on occasion check up on me through email.  During lunch (without any contact from me) he emailed me to ask me, "how is it going?"   I looked through my email to see when the last time we communicated was.  It was May.

I also opened my email to this message this AM, "Thank you for the poetry reading. What a lovely surprise to find in my voicemail." 

I've been enjoying listening to music today.  Mostly Nahko and Medicine for the People which is a group I was exposed to in a concert on Friday night. Here are two of my favorites right now. 

I also love his term "fully loaded poet" in "It Is Written".  It is fun to envision a poet as a superhero - that is the energy I get in that song.  And I think it's true - poets can set a vision for a future, change the trajectory of a culture - become the next action superhero - that is a move I want to see!


 This was the opening number from the show.

https://genius.com/Nahko-and-medicine-for-the-people-directions-lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment