Sunday, September 9, 2018

Family Tree

This morning I had a soccer game and my niece came along.  She wanted to race me before the game, and then run up and down the bleachers.  It was the best warm up I've had.

Yesterday was my youngest cousin's birthday, a couple days prior his sister emailed me to see if I would come.  My brother and his family said they'd go too if we went Sunday, which actually worked out better.

When we arrived today my uncle asked, "Michael didn't come?"  We really only decided to go Friday evening, Michael has never even met the cousin whose birthday it was, and it wouldn't have worked out with his schedule with his kids, but I still thought it was inclusive of my uncle to assume he might/would.

I was happy to get some quality time talking to my eldest cousin.  I haven't had time with her to talk much in the last year or more and I miss it.  We got to discuss her wedding plans and other things going on in her life.

We also played a family soccer game in the backyard.  Different people kept taking breaks so the teams kept shifting, but my brother and I remained on the field throughout.

I also read my poem a day (one I'd written about Donald Trump) to one of my cousin's boyfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment