Thursday, May 21, 2020

One Fell Swoop

I'm writing my gratitudes now today because I don't plan on being on the computer later - so it's a little early for a list of 5, but I'll give it a try.

#1 - I just looked up dealing with wasps/hornets - not sure which as I saw flying in and out of a crack in the eve of my dad's house yesterday. I don't know what to do as I don't see a nest, yet, but who know what is inside that crack. And then I see "Hornets and paper wasps prey on other insects and help keep pest insect populations under control." So it's not like I want to hurt them- however it is a busy part of the house and if anyone ends up doing work on the house will only be more difficult to deal with. So what is my gratitude here? I will consult my brother about this today. He may or may not be helpful but at least I have someone to ask who is participating in all this.

#2 - I just learned that not only did my doctor, who I loved and searched for, retire last year, but the nurse practitioner for "Integrative Services and Therapies combines traditional and complementary care practitioners, working together under the same roof," retired as well. I looked on the website and there are not any other primary physicians listed. So I'm a bit frustrated, however the gratitude here is I am not in a hurry or have any urgent health needs, just bummed.

#3 - I'm about to head into my weekly routine of biking over to my dad's to organize and then hang out with my niece and nephew. I biked home from there yesterday and was thinking I was a bit tired of doing this bike ride, but of course that is my mind, for my body it is great. Last week the time I spent with my niece and nephew was precious, so I suppose it is dangerous to have expectations, but I hope that may be the case again.

#4 - One thing I love love love about this time of year, is that if you want to, you can sleep with the light. If you don't turn on any lights and just let your body slow down with the sun, it is easy to go to bed early and wake up well rested, which is what I did today. And since our bedroom has a North facing window, in the late evening and early morning you may even get some direct light your way. This put me in a good mood to snuggle up to my partner.

#5 - I'm am clearly stalling as far as getting started on my bike ride and working on things over at my dad's. Yesterday when I was over there and overwhelmed it was very helpful to call a friend whose parents died recently. It's amazing how I was still there alone, but didn't feel alone in the same way. And I've packed a lunch so maybe I'll stop en route to eat it, maybe I'll see a hawk, maybe I'll notice how the crabapple trees dropped their petals in a single day - a fell swoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment