Friday, July 31, 2020

Here is What I Do

I was gazing at the idyllic beauty of the photo in my last week's post and wondering if I had taken it in.

Upon reflection, definitely not, because that photo was taken at dusk, and at dusk the mosquitos arrive like a squadron. So I may have glanced at that beauty, but if I were outside I was most likely racing for the tent.





Many of the logistics after my father's death I find confusing.  Today's example.  After he died his car insurance bill came.  I called them and since I didn't have a death certificate yet, and I was a listed driver on the insurance, they told me just to pay it/keep it as it was for now.  Today I finally called again since to update it since the next bill would be fairly soon.  She said she'd send me paperwork to get the insurance in my name, and she did not ask for the death certificate.  So I don't know why we didn't do this in the first place.

Oh well, at least I finally made this phone call. (#1).

I also signed up to volunteer at the George Floyd memorial as our family activity for August (#2).

I harvested some kale from our garden for the first time this year (#3).

I picked up some books I've had on reserve from the library (waiting) for a long time - renting a home, estimating rehab costs etc (#4).

I was out of sorts at lunch time and ended up stopping somewhere I'd never been before - a cute little shop that I was happy to support near the co-op where I was headed for groceries (#5).

And I've been, more or less in a sad or frustrated space today, but here I am anyway.  Here is what I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment