Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Me, Not Quite Me, Willing, Not Willing

We are just beginning home tours - our first few times out have been discouraging.  It is such a seller's market, such few homes, so many buyers, such high prices.

Today I had an experience (looking online) of a home that didn't have a few things that really matter, so I let it go.  Then I went back to looking at it again, should I show Michael? (His listings are more restrictive than mine so this house wouldn't even show up on his list).  I realized something else it is missing, so no.  But then later I went back to it again, I went to Google street view - and yes it did have a back door.  I had never seen a house without a back door and didn't know if that was even allowed, but on the floor plan there was no back (or in this case side) door.  But on Google street view, there the door was.

This house would require multiple compromises.

But this house kept pulling me back.

I liked the rooms.

I loved the light.

I loved the location.

And their pricing strategy might be to price it low to get lots of offers, and

I liked the price.

And it goes on the market  tomorrow which is my dad's birthday, and maybe that is completely a coincidence, but if my dad happened to be nudging, I'm listening Dad, please help!

We asked the Realtor and they aren't doing showings til Friday so we'll see it then.  

I love that the sellers have put so much info online - the full disclosure etc. for anyone to look at.

And there are a couple more promising houses too - one that looks gorgeous, certainly nicer than the house above, but at the top of our price range (homes are going for more than list price) and in a neighborhood I feel less comfortable with.

And there is another in a great location - also at the upper end of our price range that looks beautiful, but I'm not sure if it is beautiful for me. What I mean is it is an old house, but the inside looks a lot like a new house in the suburbs, it looks like a very nice house, but it doesn't feel like me.  Another great location though.

So we'll see all 3 on Friday - sometimes the feeling online is very different than in person - in both positive and negative ways.

Our Realtor mentioned a couple weeks back what happens if you are interested in two houses the same week. I couldn't imagine that happening before with the other houses, but I can picture it now.  You can't make an offer on two at once, and most houses sell the same weekend they go on the market.

It's so crazy, I deliberate on tiny purchases.  

This is quite an experience.

 If you want a house you just have to guess and offer what you can and hope.  It's good for people who like adrenaline.  I have to remind myself that there is something bigger than myself at work here.  Instead of grasping or living in scarcity - asking for guidance, being willing to let go, to wait, to trust.  To ask for help from life

or the tree in the front yard.

I need to remember that

to ask for guidance and help from the trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment