Friday, August 19, 2022

Third Time is a Charm

When I moved my stuff into storage back in May, my brother was going to pick up the truck with me and help drive.  He tested positive for Co-Vid that morning.  Luckily one of my friends was willing to jump in his place and did all the driving. (I could drive the truck but it's not appealing to me).

Then when I was going to move the stuff out of storage a couple weeks ago I had Co-Vid.

Tomorrow is the move reschedule, and the friend who originally helped drive the truck was going to again, but he just called and tested positive for Co-Vid today.

#1 - I was just thinking earlier that I probably had more help than I needed, but based on the previous attempts that was probably a good thing, and obviously it is.

#2 - This time, my brother will fill in for my friend instead of vice versa.

#3 - Both times I planned to have my friend, and my brother help me for the full move and then a few other friends help for half of it.  One of the friends who is just helping for a half asked if I wanted additional help because of the Co-Vid situation.

#4 - I am going to music tonight - a band I am unfamiliar with (Cloud Cult) at a place I've never been.  I listened to some of the music online and didn't really resonate, but somehow I still felt drawn to go. This friend has always said yes when I've organized events in the past - so part of it was just being glad to be invited by her to something.

#5 - The opener is Superior Siren - also someone I'm familiar with, but with an interesting description -

"Superior Siren is an eerie folk project from Duluth, Minnesota. The music is inspired by Lake Superior and Siren mythology, and combines alluring vocals with haunting melodies."

 I just looked it up on YouTube and the song that came up is Trying Too Hard..

"The music video is intended to honor empowerment and resilience by celebrating feminine energy and promoting healing. The song was originally written about the turbulence of intimate relationships, feeling underestimated by others, and breaking free from limitations. Alison Peluso plays three different characters: the main being a young woman tapping into her inner wisdom, contemplating matters of the heart, and connecting with her familial history; the second character is an oppressed ancestor, unable to stand up for herself; and the third character represents the divine feminine energy and goddess within."

No comments:

Post a Comment