Thursday, August 31, 2023

I Remember Everything

 #1 - I enjoy living alone, fairly often however when I sit down to dinner I think that it would be nice to talk to someone.  This happened today and then I recalled I had seen in the mail preview I get in email (and usually ignore) that there was something from a friend.  So I got up and went to the mailbox.

#2 - The letter in itself was a gift, but even more so it sparked a conversation/response in my head on things I was just thinking about the last couple days.

I've thought quite a bit about how essential the audience is.  What I mean is I won't write the same letter to different people, the recipient evokes part of what I write.

Or if you are at a concert, how much the audience is captivated by the musician affects the performance.

We give our power away or maybe a better way to say it is

we allow our power to be used, or

what we focus on grows.

#3 - I was hoping to get a new door before fall, with a window to let more light in the kitchen.  Someone came out the end of last month to give me some quotes.  He said he'd send them the next week.  This was a month ago. I've tried following up a couple times, and am starting to wonder if this will be able to happen this year (before it gets cold). He finally answered today.  Maybe the door will have to wait, maybe I should go with someone else... I'm trying to be engaged and move along the process, while also not being too attached to my own timeline.

 #4 - I emailed my manager for the job I do during the school year about my availability the next couple weeks.  She ended her email, "Looking forward to seeing you soon!" and I genuinely feel the same.

 #5 - Song on repeat this week.

Zach Bryan - I Remember Everything (feat. Kacey Musgraves)

No comments:

Post a Comment