Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Same Team?

 #1 - I rejoined the fitness center near me. Monday I tried a new class, it was ok.  Today I returned to a barre class I knew I enjoyed.  I was concerned when I left in the spring it would be discontinued as typically there were so few of us there.  Today it was at least triple the size.

#2 - I had my second visit with a new family I am working with. They were in the backyard when I arrived so we did the visit outside which was nice to have that option.

#3 - I was going to do the visit right after the aforementioned barre class, however they asked to switch our schedule again and I'm glad we did, otherwise I would have felt rushed.

#4 - Another house I visit can really be a handful/bursting with energy.  I often wish we would go outside. Today though everyone was subdued and patient and the kids waited for the mom to carefully take out the new pretend medical kit I brought.  She even got a marker to write their names on the doctor coat.

#5 - Relationships require a lot of communication, compromise and remembering that you are on the SAME TEAM.  I was reminded twice today of this.  Relationships can bring immense support, stability and comfort, and that can be missed. However, when I hear and see how remembering we are on the same team/compromise isn't working well for people, it can be nice to not have that struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment