Tuesday, August 20, 2024

More Scenes from My Summer

 





I've only camped one night here this summer.  This is a mile walk away so I didn't have to bring any food or anything.  I didn't sleep very well, but it certainly is beautiful.







This is a 30-40 minute walk up to a view.  I've packed a breakfast and ate it up here a few times. I'd like to do that again the day before I leave.










These last three photos was on, what I would say was both the most difficult and most rewarding hike here.  Similar length (11 miles) to other hikes I've done here, but with the climb of 3000 feet up and back down, my "brake" muscles in my knees were not properly functioning at the end.







Our feet got quite wet from the dew near the top, so we attempted to dry out our shoes and socks while we had lunch.  I forgot my camera this day, so I didn't get these photos until my co-worker/friend who came with sent them to me.







No comments:

Post a Comment