Monday, July 20, 2026

Strange Night

 #1 - I think I played my 5th ultimate frisbee game tonight (which is probably my 7th game in my life). I sort of understand it, and I made 2 catches and passes so that is a successful game for me. However we also used some "zone" defense today instead of guarding a person and I had to have a whole new tutorial on the sidelines.  My teammates are kind and patient and happy to explain.

#2 - Usually I eat an early dinner and then I'm done eating for the night.  However I came home hungry tonight and I'm not allowed to eat anything tomorrow (colonoscopy prep), so I had some fish and now I'm having a root beer float.  I never have ice cream right before bed, so that might be a bad idea, but I need something filling and so much of what I'd normally eat isn't an option.  Anyway, it feels indulgent.

#3 - I finished Virginia Roberts Giuffre's Nobody's Girl: A Memoir of Surviving Abuse and Fighting for Justice. I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it, but I started it Friday and finished it 3 days later. I would recommend it.  It's important.

#4 - I've been doing writing on Zoom once a month with a friend who is in the Peace Corps in East Timor.  She is 14 hours ahead, so usually we do late afternoon/early evening for me and morning for her.  Today we tried 6:30AM my time. I don't think I've ever woken up and gone straight into a writing practice with someone before.

#5 - I listened to an interview my friend Jill sent Katie Couric talking with Liz Oyer (who I didn't know), about the attorney general nomination, and I made the phone they suggested to Senator Cornyn's office, even though he's not my senator they said to call.  It was a small thing today, but it was something.

No comments:

Post a Comment