Friday, October 28, 2011

Being Seen

  • The autumnal light out my window.
  • An unexciting/unappealing walk through my neighborhood made beautiful by the presence and conversation of a friend.
  • Being seen/known. My friend told my niece she was beautiful and then added, "Tammy won't like that. You're smart too. But I told my boy he was beautiful too, because he was." This was not the first time this friend has known what I would think without my speaking a word. And though I certainly would not have been upset in this instance, the fact that she knew this thought too would cross my mind is a gift.
  • Cracking myself up as I turned my niece back and forth to music as if she were in a music. (I knew how she was going to move, but the expressions that would accompany the movements kept surprising.)
  • Almost giving up on a book because I wasn't that into it, but not having something better to read at the moment it redeemed itself tonight, partially because of the sweet simple romances that have cropped up inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment