Thursday, April 5, 2012

Beauty from the Internet

Today's gratitudes are all going to relate to things I've come across on the internet.

#1 - Starting with Brene Brown's video I recommended a few posts back. I rewatched it last night because I wanted to write down some quotes. I went back today to decide which are good enough to end up in the front or back covers of my journal. Here is what I am selecting:







"Vulnerability is our most accurate measurement of courage."
Brene Brown

















"Shame drives two big tapes: never good enough and, if you can talk it out of that one, who do you think you are?"
Brene Brown

















"Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change. "
Brene Brown


















#2 - How Plastic Bottles Can Light Up the Darkness

First time I've been excited about a plastic bottle!



#3 - When I needed a laugh today I went to the video on the AV page on Bushwalla's website. It made me laugh when I first watched it yesterday, and it had the same effect today.

http://www.bushwalla.net/



#4 - “..They pointed the Hubble space telescope into a part of the sky that seemed utterly empty, a patch devoid of any planets, stars or galaxies…This was a somewhat risky move by the scientists, after all, observing time on this telescope is in very high demand and some questioned whether it would be wasted trying to look at nothing…Nevertheless, they opened the telescope and…when the telescope was finally closed and the images were processed, the light from over 3000 galaxies had covered the detector producing one of the most profound and humbling images in all of human history. Every single spot, smear and dot was an entire galaxy and each one containing, hundreds of billions of stars…” from Hubble Ultra Deep Field 3D


#5 - Another reassuring reminder that there is a whole lot going on in NOTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment