Monday, July 9, 2012

Fiasco


#1 - Lemon Berry Cream Pie - I try to consume as many berries as possible while they are in season because it goes by so quickly! This recipe actually came from a cookbook called Clean Food and also does not actually contain any dairy so I'm not so sure about the "cream" name.  (Michelle Obama is simply an appropriate backdrop.)

#2 - Fiasco - an old This American Life episode that I listened to the first segment today which made me laugh out loud.

#3 - I laughed again later thinking of it while making this pie.

#4 - I got really upset last week when I learned that someone I knew sent an email while on a meditation retreat.  Could she not wait five days to tell people how great it was???  Could she simply not enjoy the greatness for a while???  Anyway, I was already grateful last week to find a way to send her this message without the anger or frustration I felt, and today I got her reply which said.

"So funny……I got on my little Ipad for 10 minutes one night, and then realized…..no way. J
You are very astute."

#5 - "When all the dangerous cliffs are fenced off, all the trees that might fall on people are cut down, all of the insects that bite are poisoned...and all of the grizzlies are dead because they are occasionally dangerous, the wilderness will not be made safe.  Rather, the safety will have destroyed the wilderness."  - R. Yorke Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment