Friday, July 4, 2014

Wipe Out




























From the direction I was biking, the sign said, "Caution ahead, trail underwater," but I didn't stop to take a photo of that sign.

It took quite a while to get to the water, so I thought, "Maybe it's dried up." Then it appeared, but I kept going, "I wonder how deep it gets?" I thought. You can't stop pedaling once you hit water and expect to get going again. When I got to the middle, my pedals started going under. But I was having fun!

Then, I hit some algae or something, that water had clearly been there a while, and the bike slipped out from under me. The water was deep enough to absorb most of my fall, so I only got minor abrasions. I certainly got wet! I laughed, stood up, and realized that I had stored my camera in the right pocket of my bike bag. The bike tipped left. Had I tipped the other way, instead of being able to take this shot, I would have ruined my camera. That water behind me is the bike trail in the spot where I fell. This ended up being the most fun part of my day!








Believe it or not this is a gratitude. It happened in mile 34 of a 35 mile bike ride, I can walk a mile :).






1 comment:

  1. you are one adventurous woman!!! I would have turned around as soon as I saw the sign, let alone go on through the water!

    ReplyDelete