Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Every Exit Is


#1 - On Sunday I was thinking through my week and how it was probably going to be a challenge to get as much exercise as I like, and it is especially needed when I'll be taking long car rides and big meals. Today I went to an early morning yoga class and then got an email from someone looking for soccer subs tonight. Score! I wouldn't have gone to yoga if I knew I was playing soccer tonight, but since I didn't know, I'm doing both.

#2 - National Public Radio led me to I.C. Will, an assistant principal at a KIPP Washington Heights Middle School, and a rapper on the side. He kept the two separate at first, but now here is the video with kids from his school.




#3 - Along the "Exit" sign in the school it states,

"Every EXIT is an entrance somewhere else."

#4 - An argument between my brother and niece.  She was talking to me on speaker phone and we were discussing letters.  What starts with 'T'?  What starts with 'W'?  When we got to 'P' - Princess came out.

"I'm the princess," my brother said.

"No, I'm the princess," adamantly stated my niece.

"I'm the princess," my brother.

"You are not the princess.  I'm the princess," my niece.

"I'm the princess," my brother....

Eventually -

"We are both princesses," my niece.

#5 - Last month I really enjoyed a blog post by a woman Roxanne Sadovsky (whom I have taken writing classes with). She wrote "...writing is a lonely business and even though it's a deeply satisfying, beautifully puzzling, sometime life-changing, magical process of discovery, on the other side of the shore, when you set the pen down, it IS comforting to know that someone is out there reading, resonating, etc."

But sometimes it doesn't seem that way so then what is the point? She wrote through this internal struggle, is anyone reading this, does it matter, there is already so much to read.  In the end she landed on, "I'm reading my own damn blog."  Amen Roxanne. I have the same struggle at times and I am reading my own damn blog (and journal and poems...)

(Here is her post in case anyone is interested.)

And at the same time, it's still nice to receive an unexpected something like this -

"You're a fantastic writer. I very much appreciate your heart warming and spiritual perspectives. If you were to ramble on too long about your story it would be my pleasure."







These photos were taken last month on the one precious Minneapolis residential street without cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment