Monday, March 9, 2015

Letter/Poem

#1 - I woke up this morning thinking I must have missed my alarm.   The time changed over the weekend and there was no way I was awake before it.  But I looked, and, nope it was 6AM.  Then before work I typed up a poem I might submit to a letter/poetry contest.  I know I will submit something, not sure it will be this poem and often it's hard to create space for this type of thing.  But it was before 7:30 AM and I could hardly believe it was already typed up.

#2 - I was feeling a little emotionally raw after sending the poem to a few people for comments/editing.  I just wrote the poem yesterday so it's hard to have enough distance to have it analyzed.  I went to Snatam Kaur's website and listened to her soothing/nourishing music all morning.

#3 - Two of the poets I asked about my submission replied.  The first wrote "very sweet and beautiful. I like it a lot."  The second wrote, "Thank you for sharing this with me. I really  liked reading it. There is no where to touch or fix.  The image is so vivid and brilliant and there is deep intimacy in your conversation."
 
#4 - I know this poem can be improved, which is I guess a nice problem to have, a supportive audience!  I decided to send the first guy some specific questions.  Actually I sent the poem to a co-worker and she didn't like it much.  I don't know that asking her for suggestions would help though, she was kind of down on the entire theme. :)

#5 - One of the regulars were missing from my community ed exercise class tonight.  It made a big difference.  I didn't realize how much his enthusiasm added to the atmosphere of the class.  Sometimes you don't notice something until it's gone.  Next week I'm going to have to thank him.

No comments:

Post a Comment