Friday, April 10, 2015

AWP

I am spending today (and yesterday and tomorrow) at the Association for Writing Professionals Conference. I don't know much about it. It was highlighted in the Loft Literary Center's brochure as a national conference that will in Minneapolis this year. Next year it's in L.A., then DC, and then Florida, so I figured now is clearly the time to check it out regardless of whether I know anything about it.

The events go well into the evening so I'll just write my gratitudes in my journal this week. However here are a few of the workshops I am looking forward to on Friday.

#1 - Wounds for the Wounded: Helping Special Populations Heal through Writing.

#2 - Contemplation in a World of Action: Thomas Merton

#3 - Lit and Hip Hop with Dessa

#4 - The Ties That Bind: Writing from the Sun about Our Closest Relationships. The Sun is my all time favorite magazine and Sy Safransky (it's editor and publisher) will be there!

#5 - The keynote speaker in the evening will be moderated by Patricia Weaver Francisco, a women I took a week long nature writing class with 8 years ago. I haven't seen her since and I adored both her and the class so I look forward to being in her presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment