Friday, April 13, 2018

Holding On

#1 - The middle of February 2017 was super warm, as was the middle of March 2015.  These both corresponded precisely to warm things occurring in my life. I try not to talk about the fact that the weather revolves around my life for a couple of reasons. I don't want to take it for granted.  Or at the same time, imply that the weather does what I want.  Plus it's not really polite to tell other people the weather revolves around you.  Granted I don't mean the weather in the entire world, but even in a metropolitan area of a couple million that seems a bit self-centered.

But seriously this weekend it's hard to deny.  The fact that warmth has only made an intermittent appearance and the cold and storms of winter keep holding on.  The fact that things seem resistant to melting and opening and change?

Yep that's my life.

I hadn't thought about it until I wrote this but this could make me sound like some sort of sorceress.  If I have any responsibility in this matter, all I can say is I'm doing my best to shift out of old patterns.

And as I was about to finish writing this it started to hail. 

#2 - So after it shifted more to a sleet I rushed outside to complete my last cleaning task, emptying the garbage/recycling.  It's not that I want it to be in hail or sleet, but it does feel in alignment with my life.

#3 - Sometimes just getting something out in the open, to be seen and witnessed is a relief, getting to the root of things.  My word of the year is BRANCH, so it feels good to get down to the root.

#4 - After I finish cleaning the yoga studio, and pick up a couple groceries.  I don't really have anywhere I need to go this weekend.  My soccer game is outdoors, so will be canceled, and I suspect my monthly writing and meditation class will too.

#5 - Finally, I bought some blueberries last month because they were on sale and I soon regretted it.  I had just recently been to the dentist and my teeth looked bright and white, then I ate them and despite brushing right afterwards they were stained.  I tried baking soda, which helped, but only a little.

Then I started using this new electric toothbrush from my brother, and today I noticed after brushing my teeth that the stain is gone!  It's like I went to the dentist!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy,
    Thank you for your comment on political writing, I feel flattered but it really wouldn't do for me. First of all, politics don't interest me enough to really engage in it and if you write about it that way, you have to really know what you're writing about.
    Secondly, I change opinion regularly or I see too many aspects and can find some truth in most opinions.
    And thirdly, the way things go on the internet, I think you have to be up to quite some hateful comments, whatever you write, and that would only ruin my day...

    stephanie

    ReplyDelete