Thursday, May 31, 2018

Adventure Ahead

#1 - Planning ahead (this I do in general) so I tend to stress out early rather than right before a deadline.  Because I do though, today I was able to work a bit extra (when they really needed it) and also have time to spend with my aunt for an unplanned visit.

#2 - I had one recipe left to make from my previous grocery shopping - falafel - which my aunt enjoyed cooking with me.  She finds the things I make new and interesting.

#3 - We had a super yummi smoothie for dessert.  I've been meaning to make one all week - pineapple, frozen bananas, frozen peaches, yogurt and almond milk.

#4 - My brother asked if I wanted to borrow a GPS watch.  I told him it may be useful but I tend to get frustrated with new technology.  He sent me a link to put the locations I want on a map and then I think he'll do the rest.  We'll see.

#5 - It's been 14 years since I left the country, with the exception of a walk across the border into Canada.  The last time I went I was desperate for a direction in my life and was kind of grasping at straws.  I'd always wanted to spend time in a Spanish speaking country and so that was what I did.  I had a good experience, but it didn't provide any direction or answers and upon my return I entered a phase which was certainly the low point of my adult life.

Now in the beginning of my 40's I go again.  This time for a few weeks instead of a few months.  This time I didn't search it out, it came and found me, and kept nudging.  I continually asked, "Really?"  "Are you sure?" and finally gave in.

 This time I don't know why I'm going, or where it will lead me, if anywhere at all.  But last night I was playing guitar along with a Spanish CD and I connected the two threads and it felt good

and it felt right.

No comments:

Post a Comment