Monday, January 21, 2019

Pieces Here and There

Two friends who were hesitant about spending a night in a camper cabin in the middle of January, (because you have to go outside to a separate building for water and the bathroom) did just fine.  It was because of this in fact, that all three of us saw the 'blood moon' - a total lunar eclipse- last night. 

This morning we sat around reading, while the wind rocked the pine trees out the window.  I had the urge to do a 10 minute meditation and found it perplexing that I felt self-conscious at the thought.  I knew neither of these friends would be judgemental, and yet it was out of the norm for me to sit in a room with friends and meditate while they did something else.  I did eventually do so, and of course it was perfectly fine.

My friend was able to figure out how to lock the camper cabin from the outside so we could leave the key in the drop box, something I'd been unable to do myself when I tried previously.

I was dropped off at my partner's house, and I planned to bus home from there.  But I didn't really feel like it.  I have enough clothes packed and my computer over here to work, so I decided to just stay.  I think my partner is pleased by this, though he has not yet found the right words he says, to express how he's feeling.

Also my sister-in-law teaches a zumba class once a week which I've wanted to check out for the past few months.  So maybe I'll use the excuse that I'm over here and need an exercise option to finally go.

No comments:

Post a Comment