Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Yummi Lunch, Library, Dancing Principal

  • Surprisingly yummi lunch - carrots and cauliflower dipped in homemade hummus (not made by me), a salad of greens, peppers, tomato, mushroom, baked tofu and a simple dressing, a little Cheddar popcorn (from the store) and a clementine.
  • School has been cancelled the last couple days because of a snowstorm and then extreme cold.  When my partner's kids walked in the house I suspected they might be cranky after being home/around each other so much the past few days but they were both happy.  The oldest said her sister was helping her go thru her clothes.  I told them I was working in my new temporary office in the basement and the youngest asked if she could help.  (She thought I was doing some work cleaning or straightening the basement I guess and was ready to jump in).
  • I just finished a book about the Dalai Lama and it mentioned a photographer that has photographed him for years. I went to my library website to request his book but they didn't have it.  I decided to suggest they buy it and while doing this I realized that there was a record in the system of the three previous suggestions I'd made.  There was a note that the title would be ordered, for all 3!
  • I looked and they are all in the system, one I already read, one I just requested, and the third I originally suggested because, "This book is 10 years old but still has 24 people waiting for 3 copies of it and it has been this way for over a year! The library could use more copies."  I checked and now there are 10 people waiting for 9 copies.
  • A video of a principal of an elementary school in China leading hundreds of students in a shuffle dance...  This makes me smile again and again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs55sl7D8Na/

No comments:

Post a Comment