Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Since I Saw You

I'm grateful that I have the flexibility to stop work a bit earlier than I'd planned.  The list of errands/activities I wanted to get done tonight was feeling stressful, even though I knew the activities were things I enjoy.

This will include, for the first time this year, cross-country skiing at the nearby park.  With yesterday's snowfall there is finally both snow and skiable Tammy temperatures (21 F, -6 C).  When I went outside to shovel the end of the driveway after the snowplow came by, it already started to calm me down. 

Part of the stress was starting the day with someone I love in distress.  Some days I handle this better than others.  Today I was able to speak to someone new in their health care team firsthand.   I felt like I was doing something, regardless of whether I actually was and she said she'd look into the things I mentioned.  It was good to least establish that connection and advocate. 

I am going to try and drop off an extra pair of skis that have sat in the garage the last few years at Play it Again Sports.  I'm not even sure they'll take them.  They are the old 3 pin type, which I couldn't find boots for anymore.   They aren't doing anyone any good sitting in the garage and the store is right next to another errand for tonight.  It is draining to regularly look at things you know you should get rid of.

I have my monthly poetry group at the library tonight and I have a couple things I look forward to reading including a poem I wrote Sunday called, "Since I saw you..."

Finally, last year around this time my partner brought me to a Trevor Hall show, someone I was completely unfamiliar with by thoroughly enjoyed.  He is coming back to town next month.


1 comment: