Monday, March 18, 2019

Hmmm, not sure on the theme here

*For the past - I don't know how many years - I've taken a fitness class offered thru community education twice a week. I signed up because it is a half a mile away and it is inexpensive.

At first it wasn't very challenging - our instructor always started late and then talked for a while... but I loved having somewhere I could walk to year round. Plus since it is a 50 minute class, even with the walk it hardly takes more than an hour. After a couple years our original instructor left and we got a new instructor. She made the class not only convenient and efficient, but effective. She has been leading us for at least a couple years, and for the last 6 months, been trying to leave. They haven't been able to find a replacement though, so she's stayed on. She has been out of town for the last week, so she left us in charge of ourselves with a print out of exercises. It's just not the same though, it is her nudging that both motivates and challenges us. Even though we sometimes groan, I really miss her enthusiastic spirit. I should really talk to the class about getting her some sort of thank you or at least coming up with something myself, this is what I realized while writing this. In April she has said she will be coaching lacrosse and really can't continue with us.


*I got a little distracted today looking at state park campgrounds - one that is a possibility this summer while I attend my cousin's wedding and one that is a nearby backpack site that I've hiked at, but never camped at. I hope my partner and I can get it together enough eventually that we can be a little more spontaneous with camping. Have some meals dehydrated and ready to go on a weekend that happens to be free. I used to do more of that when my life was quieter. And though he and I haven't pulled such things off yet, I'm quite certain he would be interested.

*That same partner has assured me he will have a job application completed by the end of this week. I'm a bit obsessed with this particular job and I'm not sure why. I can name a couple practical reasons. Plus I know he was initially excited about it when he saw the posting. But beyond that I can't really explain why I am so attached to this particular application. I've just felt this urgent nagging in the back of my head that keeps saying, "THIS IS IMPORTANT!!" And I don't know if it is intuition or something I'm making up. I want to just listen to the voice so I can say, "I did my part," which is what I try to do. But in this case my part has felt like nagging, which is NOT something I try to do. So really, at this point, I want him to apply for selfish reasons, so that voice can just be quiet.

*That same partner had a lunch meeting with an old boss today, they went over his resume and it went really well. He felt encouraged.

*Instead of being impatient while my computer turned on today - I decided to just sit and do a 10 minute meditation.





No comments:

Post a Comment