Saturday, March 2, 2019

To Bless the Space

I was looking thru John O'Donohue's To Bless the Space Between Us to find some words of comfort to send to a friend whose mother has alzheimer's.  Instead I found a perfect piece to send to a different friend who is in a new home after going thru a divorce.  But first I wanted to write this up and get off the computer for the day.  I have five envelopes ready to take to the post office after finishing up my taxes and other monetary things. 

I had an unexpected sleepover with my niece and nephew last night.  I think the first time their parents have had two nights to themselves since they had a second child.  They both seemed pretty grateful when they picked them up.

The first night was at grandpa's and was planned.  I picked them up there and we were going to all have a game night at my partner's house, for his eldest's birthday, but instead because of all the snow, my brother and sister-in-law didn't make it.  I know the few times my 3 year old nephew has slept at grandpa's he wakes up screaming multiple times a night looking for his mom.  So I didn't even try to get him to sleep alone, I slept with him and thankfully having his legs or arms draped over me seemed to keep him asleep.  I actually enjoyed being cozy with him, though I also hope and look forward to an uninterrupted night tonight myself.

One more gratitude...got it.  Since I planned for my brother and sister-in-law to join us for dinner last night, there was plenty of leftover pasta for a quick lunch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment