Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Grown Up Things

Apparently I should have known this as an adult, but I didn't, that if I move in with my partner it will probably require a new lease, and it is likely this will raise the rent. Somehow I just thought I could mosey in and as long as he was on the lease everything would be fine. But if the rent is raised, I won't end up helping my partner at all (at least financially). And that is the last thing we need right now.

Where is the gratitude here? Well, at least I'm glad to have learned this BEFORE I moved in. Obviously we need to check in with the landlord. This must be in the book I failed to read - Things You Should Know as an Adult.

We also have a list of things we would like the landlord to address - some long term issues. She responded to most of them in an email so I am feeling hopeful, though my partner is a bit more skeptical as they have been attempted to be fixed before and were unsuccessful. He and I discussed our response tonight and are going to try and call and talk to her about them, email sometimes is a poor communication tool.

My partner has been looking for work and today a contracting company emailed him with a possible opportunity that might be good for him, in a nearby location thru the end of the year, possibly longer.

I made a big vegetarian lasagna last night - too big for myself - so I brought it over for my partner and his girls and I to share while we discussed all the above. We also had a good discussion at dinner about counselors and how you find a good one (some luck/some research).




No comments:

Post a Comment