Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Everyone You Meet



I almost don't want to write anything after listening to that.  It brings such heartbreaking beauty and peace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems the only reason we have to email our landlord is if there is a problem.  So I made an effort today to email them that after the recent heavy rains the basement didn't leak like it used to, and that it was a nice space for my cousins to sleep when they visited last weekend, unlike previous summers when it would have been too musty.  She replied,

"YAY YAY YAY!! I'm so happy to hear this and know that all the work paid off! Thank you for the feedback!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week we had a bit of a downer that my partner was no longer being considered for a job that he interviewed for.  Later we learned it was actually that the government contract was taking too long to come thru so they were taking down the position for the time being.  Today we learned he received an email asking for a phone interview from a different company but it had been put into a folder where he didn't see it.  He could have used that pick me up last week, but that's fine, today works too and he'll have the phone interview tomorrow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My partner's daughter is playing my friend's daughter in la crosse tonight, so I'll get to watch from the sidelines and talk to my friend whom I haven't seen for over a year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I made a comment about the kids' chores today.  It wasn't a big deal to me, an observation, but I can see how it might have appeared to be a criticism.  Be gentle, be gentle I am reminded, especially to those you love. Which also reminded of this quote that I tried to find the source for, but it is not easily attributed.

"Be Kind for Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle"


No comments:

Post a Comment