Sunday, July 7, 2019

Las Cosas Grandes

#1 - I went to the free 6:30 AM yoga a couple miles from me.  Afterward I decided to lay in a long shivasana, then I sat up and did a short meditation, then I laid down and for another long shivasana.  I'd guess for close to an hour I just sat or laid on the grass because I didn't get home until close to 9AM.

#2 - Michael's eldest rode her bike with me to check out the nearby farmer's market.  It was super cute and I'm excited to incorporate that more into my weekly routine.  I bought zucchini for a zucchini pasta, mixed greens and some super yummi blueberries.

#3 - Later both of Michael's children rode their bikes to the beach by themselves for the first time.  He was excited and also a bit protective/nervous with lots of advice as they were setting off.  They did completely fine and enjoyed themselves.

#4 - During our break-up a couple years back I read a book by Harville Hendrix and Helen LaKelly Hunt called Making Marriage Simple.  One of their "truths" is that "Negativity is Invisible Abuse."  Their suggestion to end negativity is to take a calendar, and for a month, end each day with a smiley face or a frown.  The day gets a frown if either partner felt there was negativity that day.  Negativity is critical thinking, competition, constructive criticism...Also you end each day by stating three gratitudes (no repeats) about each other.  I suggested we try this for July last weekend.  Michael seemed hesitant at first but ultimately agreed.  Today he thanked me for this and said he is about to start a new journal and is glad to start it with this grateful energy.  It is a journal I bought him in Spain and that he didn't use last time he began a journal, around the new year, because he was frustrated with me.  The journal's cover states

Las Cosas
Grandes
Empiezan
Siendo
Pequenas

"Big things begin feeling small" (stated more poetically).

#5 - That kind of reminds me of the U.S. women's soccer team request for equal pay.  I'm a lot more interested in that than how well they are doing (or did) in the World Cup.  I wonder if this could be a small thing that changes the world of women and sports, or women's equity in general?


No comments:

Post a Comment