Saturday, June 29, 2019

Nothing Belongs to Me

#1 - I submitted a piece of writing to my favorite magazine.  It would never have occurred to me in this instance, but the woman who led the group where I wrote about the cat situation a couple weeks ago suggested it.

#2 - My partner said he almost collapsed when he got the call yesterday that a job he was excited about, and a finalist for, went to the internal candidate.  They assured him it wasn't anything missing in his abilities or qualifications, but it is still hard news.  A bit after he told me I felt like throwing up.  I started to feel that way again upon waking today, but at least we both slept well last night.  #3 - He is going to a birthday party this afternoon which should be good medicine, to be around friends/support.  #4 - It is also helpful to just do something, in my case today cleaning the bathrooms and washing the kitchen floor. 

#5 - When I opened my email there was  message from the librarian that leads a monthly poetry group.  His writing is like Rumi and he often sends us new poems along with the meeting  reminder.  Today's poem was perfect medicine.  I'll ask him permission to reprint it, for now I'll just share the beginning.


NOTHING BELONGS TO ME
 
I am filled
with gratitude
for nothing belongs 

to me –
that is how
I know I am
free....

Guthema Roba 

or maybe then again, 
that is enough 
in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment