Saturday, December 21, 2019

I am Certain That We Can

Three of my four cousins are now adults and in relationships and living in different places, so finding a time when we can all be in the same place in the next week or so is challenging.  My brother and his family had a less open schedule then I, so I said whatever worked for them was fine.  I checked my email at 7:15 AM and nothing had transpired for plans, beyond possibly tomorrow, so I left for an early AM cross-country ski. 

My partner's eldest started work at 8.  She can/often takes the bus, however usually her shifts are later.  I volunteered to drop her off on the way and use that to motivate me.  I'm super glad as it was the perfect morning to ski and the temperatures in the next couple days are turning the snow to mush. 

When I got home my brother said we were going today.  I never would have skied if I'd known that as I had groceries etc to do, however we found a plan that worked for both of us.  I don't know exactly when or how many of my cousins will make it.  However I'm grateful for someone else to organize.  I'm happy to have some time in the car with my niece and nephew, I grabbed a few books and a headlamp so I can read to them.  And I'm sure I'll have some time by myself to read too, as I usually get up first.

This did disappoint Michael.  There is a movie (Kumare) we've tried to watch three times this month.  The first we went to a yoga studio to watch it and it didn't work.  Then I checked it out from the library.  We were going to watch it last Saturday but Michael stayed out with his friend later than expected.  Then we were going to watch it tonight, but now I won't be here.  So i just seems we haven't found the right moment yet. 

However I am certain that we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment