Friday, December 13, 2019

Personal Shopper

#1 - I haven't done something fun/alone with my sister-in-law for a long time. Today for a holiday gift I signed us up for a duo personal shopping session at the thrift store (free service).  My sister-in-law had never tried this before (it was the second time for me) and we both really enjoyed it.  The most fun part is trying on things you wouldn't usually pick out for yourself.  Some of which there is a reason you wouldn't, but other things are pleasant surprises.

#2 - Some things you try on and say, "No," or "Maybe," or "Yes."  There were a few dresses that I tried that I liked, and felt comfortable  and decided to get.  However, there was one dress I put on and said, "YES!!!"   When I showed my sister-in-law, she felt the same way about it.

#3 - After we went home my partner and I were going to go to a lighted ski trail (since it was dark).  However my brother and niece wanted to go too, so we went to the trail by their place which does not have lights.  But with the snow and the city light in the backdrop they weren't needed and I actually find it more relaxing withouth.   The snow was perfect, fluffy, it didn't stick and no ice, and the temperature was pleasant and without wind. 

#4 - At first I wasn't sure I wanted my niece to go, because I wanted to ski for a while, not go a little bit and then hear her want to go back because she was bored or tired.  But she kept up no problem.  She has become quite skilled and confident and only took a brief break to have her dad pull her.

#5 - There is some music I want to go to next week.  I asked a few friends.  I got a couple no's and a couple maybes.  I emailed the maybes again earlier this week and was waiting...  One of them responded today that she'd come. 

I haven't done something fun with her for quite a while.  The last time we got together I got the car caught in the ditch after helping at her parents.  I was backing out of the driveway  and I had to call a tow truck.  I was so upset with myself.  Thankfully there was no damage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment