Thursday, January 30, 2020

I'm Open

#1 - "...dinner was lovely - what a great group of women!" An email from a friend.

#2 - A Lewis Howes/Byron Katie interview seemed to pop up on my computer by itself.  I've listened to it before, but I just let it play, and enjoyed it again.

#3 - I have a good friend from high school that lives out of town.  We usually talk about once a year, around my birthday.  She emailed me last week to set up a time and we now have it scheduled in a week.  It's an evening when I'll be home alone as Michael will be taking a community ed cooking class with his daughter.  I look forward to curling up on the couch in my pajamas and checking in on what has changed, and what has remained the same in the last year.

#4 - My partner and I have counseling tonight.  Our last appt was 7 weeks ago and our next appt will probably be in 6 weeks or so.  So it's nice to have space now when we aren't "working," and, it's nice to have someone to help guide us. 

I'm hoping tonight to schedule a family appointment for the four of us.  Early in our relationship I talked to Michael about going to a counselor and we scheduled an appt before we had a fight/needed it.  The idea was I wanted to have something in place before we needed it. And actually our first appt ended up being right around the time we had our first conflict.

 So it's possible something like this will happen again. But my idea is that I want to go in when there isn't an issue.  So the girls can have a pleasant and positive experience -
#1 - Just for themselves in case they ever need it, it will hopefully seem less foreign/scary
#2 - For our family, in case we ever need some outside help negotiating things

Recently Michael's eldest said to me, "The people that most need counseling don't go to counseling, it's the people around them that go." 

"Wow," I replied. "That makes a lot of sense."

#5 - There is this women where I've been taking yoga who I find extremely soothing and relaxing.  I just love listening to her voice.  I saw on the schedule that she teaches a "calming yoga" class at 8pm on Thursday nights and I've been meaning to check it out.  If I find her calming in a regular yoga class, how much more so in this class!

Tonight I finally planned to go, but I just looked at the schedule online and see someone is listed as subbing for her.  This is disappointing, however, I'm glad I saw it so I can decide if I still want to go since the specific reason I was attending was because she was the teacher. I'm not good at last minute changes, but I'm telling the universe, "I'm open."

No comments:

Post a Comment