Friday, February 7, 2020

Diagonal Alley

I toured a possible volunteer option today, a place that cares for young children whose parents are in crisis.  I was most touched by the tour when the volunteer coordinator said, "We think parents are brave when they reach out to us."

Amen.

Afterwards I was a bit early for the next thing in my day, and I reminded myself to slow walk around the block, it wasn't really slow, but at least medium slow.  That is a practice I haven't done for a long time and it's a good reminder of something to "fill" spaces of "waiting" with.

This evening something I've wanted to do for a couple years materialized.  I got my soccer team to do an escape/puzzle room together.  Or I guess half of my soccer team.  There are 13 people on my team, 11 were interested.  We picked a day that worked for 9 of us, however 2 ended up being sick.  So  7 of us tried it, of which 3 of them had never done something like that before.  I enjoy introducing people to new things.  I guess the room was based off of Harry Potter - without trademark infringement - Diagonal Alley.   You didn't need to know about Potter but my friend Matt who does, said that made it more fun.

A couple members of my team met for dinner beforehand and invited me.  However we had a good stock of leftovers still from this week, so I was happy with my meal at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment