Saturday, February 15, 2020

The Aftermath

I got on Dad's computer, not the internet, so grateful he didn't have a password to get in - unlike mine I realize - a hidden glimpse of closeness into his world that also distracted me/occupied my thoughts.  I found a spreadsheet where he was charting his blood pressure Monday and Tuesday after taking the blood pressure meds - he was only directed to take 1/day but he took 3 Monday, 2 Tuesday and recorded the results. 

I don't know, but the 4 of us went skating for Michael's eldest's activity today and played hockey in the sun and it was fun for a while.

And my brother acknowledged that he was being oppositional without me noticing on the phone.  And when I thanked him - even though he wasn't supposed to - for finding Dad for me, he burst into a sob.  I told him it was a good decision for the kids not to go with to Grandpa's (apparently they had wanted to).

And I'm getting in my head today - tasks less heart.   I need to allow both.  I need to allow.

P.S. The above is part of what I wrote in my journal Saturday, which should have been a blog post day, however the recent unexpected death of my father has led to me typing this up a bit later...I'll date it as if I did it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment