Sunday, February 23, 2020

One Step - Camper Cabin


My brother sent me a video of our dad reading a story to my 4 hour year old nephew, and the tears came.  I am so grateful my brother took that recording.

I got an email from my dad's best friend from high school, one of the few people in his circle I've informed of the news saying how much he will miss him.  Besides him and people at church, and some family, I've still got a lot more informing to do.  More family and former co-workers and friends.  I haven't been up for it yet, and figured I'd wait til we had a service date scheduled so I didn't have to inform people twice or say, "I don't know yet?" when they started asking me.

I got a card from a neighbor/church member of my dad's whom I know and she volunteered to help in any way she could and I called her almost immediately because I did have something for her to help me with.

I woke up in this little state park camper cabin.  Something I reserved a year ago and luckily was mostly already prepared for when my dad died so I still went.  It was ok, actually a really good place to be.  I was able to take in the sun and the skiing and I read my draft of my dad's memorial service to the trees yesterday afternoon.

My brother sent a few photos from celebrating his birthday and my dad's birthday and my birthday and when I look at them I don't understand.  And I keep reminding myself one step at a time, when people ask me questions or what I'm going to do, one step a time is what I can handle.  Each step in itself is ok and not overwhelming.  Like the step I'm going to take right now is to go to the grocery store.


No comments:

Post a Comment