Tuesday, March 10, 2020

5 Years Later

I read over the service I've written for my dad, which is this weekend. I keep thinking it is done, but today I decided it definitely is not done, though I can't say for certain yet what is missing. I need some undisturbed writing time which I should be able to do in the next few days.

I'm really grateful how much my brother and I have been in agreement about the service. He isn't usually big on verbal compliments to me, but today in a planning email he wrote, "You're the best."

My brother said my niece might want to share a quote or something too at the service, she's 8! I can't imagine wanting to do that when I was her age.

I sent a few friends a photo from last weekend, I was on the cross-country ski trip, the same weekend five years ago, that I met Michael and his girls. My friend replied, "What prompted the group photo when you had just met?"

I replied,

"We were a small group doing the orienteering course and Michael came upon another small group and asked someone to take a photo (meaning him and the girls). I moved to get out of the way but he said, "No the whole group". So we have it."

I thought that was the whole story all these years, but I just asked Michael, "Why didn't you just ask me to take a photo of you and the girls?"

"I wanted you to feel a part of the team."

"But why did you ask another group, why didn't I just take a photo of you and the girls?"

He replied, "It wasn't totally innocent. You never wondered about that before?"

"Well I thought maybe you just didn't want to ask me to take the photo."

"No I wanted you in the picture."




There is a bunch of stress on a worldwide scale right now so I'll send a little reminder a friend sent that helps me breathe.

http://www.quoteambition.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/encourage-be-gentle-quote.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I tried connecting with you a few times that weekend. When you disappeared from the main Hall relatively early one evening with your book, I grabbed my book and walked the hallways hoping to find you in one of the many quite nooks reading (I didn't). Then after yoga when I said to you, "I really enjoyed the 'Warrior B' series" and you looked at me like I had two heads (it was actually Warrior 2 series). When you appeared on my team with my girls, I couldn't ignore that omen.

    ReplyDelete