Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Questions

#1 - I went cross-country skiing on the manufactured snow they had for the World Cup race that was cancelled. I looked yesterday and saw they have closed the building, so aren't requiring passes, but the course is open for another week or so. It was weird because everything was brown all around (bare ground) except the ski trail. It was pretty empty too, but good to be outside.

#2- We are going to try my writing group online with Zoom tomorrow - I need that.

#3 - I did a little reading and found you aren't supposed to put mouse traps out with your bare hands because your scent gets on the trap. Note to self.

#4 - Going thru one bin at my dad's - I tell myself every time I come over, to just do a little bit.

#5 - Writing that sentence made me cry. I'm sitting here and it is peaceful and quiet - just the hum of the refrigerator. I need to find and create time for that peace and quiet, that space to feel and when it comes to grieve. The sadness hasn't overtaken me. It did initially, but then it ebb and flowed.

Can we find the quiet spaces in this sea of anxiety?

Can we reach deeper?

Can we connect under pressure instead of simmer and boil?

Can the stillness outside find some stillness inside?

Can we dance?

Can we dance?

No comments:

Post a Comment